Punjabi Mathri (Organic)
Punjabi Famous Mathri :Mathris are one of the most loved tea time snacks in India. They keep for a long time and often become travel time companions. There are many flavours, many sizes to the mathri but essentially it remains the same! These also make a part of the guest goodies make to be share with friends and relatives. A perfect snack for everyone in the family. It is loved by children & whole family members and perfect for office snack, outings, movies, picnics or also as gifts.
Punjabi Mathri Recipe:
Mathri is a deep fried, salted and flaky Punjabi snack. Mathri goes very well a hot piping cup of tea and some mango pickle. Learn how to make mathri.
- 2 cup Maida (unbleached flour)
- 1/4th cup fine Semolina (Sooji / Rava)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp whole Black Peppercorns (coarsely cracked)
- 1/8th tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tblsp Curd / Plain Yogurt
- 7 tblsp warm Water
- 4 tblsp melted Ghee / Oil
- Ghee / Oil for deep frying
How to make Punjabi Famous Mathri:
- Mix the flour, salt ,cracked pepper and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the ghee and rub between your palms until it takes the form of breadcrumbs.
- combine the curd with water and and form a pliable but firm dough using this liquid.
- Cover with the damp cloth and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small balls and roll out all the balls.
- Heat the ghee / oil in a kadhai or deep-frying pan.
- Fry the rolled mathris in a batch over moderate heat.
- Do not allow the rounds to become brown, they should remain pale gold in color.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat the process for frying all mathris.
- Well sealed, they will keep for 2-3 weeks.
- Note : When the frying is complete allow the oil to cool for 15 minutes and, while still warm, strain through a fine sieve to remove any bits of flour.
- Oil can be further used.
1kg, 250gm, 500gm
There are no reviews yet.